Author: Emma Donoghue
I was disappointed by The Wonder. It is possible that I set my expectations too high after reading The Room, but I was not even slightly interested in the storyline of this novel. Here are some bullet points of my thoughts.
- It was VERY predictable
- The characters were self-important and annoying to read about.
- The premise wasn't interesting
- I learned about the history of Ireland, Ireland and British relations, and religion
- The writing is excellent and beautiful
- I can see why other readers might find this novel to be to their liking if they found the premise intriguing, unlike me.